As a service to lecturers, we make many of our titles available FREE on inspection, provided that you are teaching a course for which they may be recommended as set texts.
How to order
To request an inspection copy, find the book you want in our online catalogue and click on the Order an Inspection Copy button.
Look out for this button:
If there is no Order an Inspection Copy button, the book is not available on inspection.
Once you have found a title available on inspection that you would like to order, add it to your shopping basket and go to checkout. We will ask you to enter some basic details about your course, and to provide your institutional address as the delivery address for the order.
Please also note that:
- inspection copies are limited to single copies, and we will supply a maximum of three titles to you in any one request
- usually, only paperback versions will be supplied
- all inspection copies are supplied at the discretion of Oxford University Press
- depending on your geographical location we may pass your request on to a local OUP branch or agent
- we may be unable to deliver specific books to certain countries owing to market restrictions
- at present, we are unable to offer inspection copies to the following regions: Eastern Europe, France, Greece, Italy, Portugal, Spain, and Turkey
- inspection copies will not be delivered to home addresses
We don't ask for any of the inspection copies to be returned but we do ask that you give us your feedback by completing and returning the comment card enclosed with each inspection copy. You can use an online comment card here or via the book's catalogue page or (for books ordered through this website) via your Order History in My Account.
Your feedback is important to us, whether you choose to adopt or not, much of the feedback we receive is used in developing and shaping future editions.
Titles available on inspection
Higher Education Textbooks
Oxford Handbooks Series
Oxford Handbooks in Nursing
Oxford World's Classics
Oxford Paperback Reference
Very Short Introductions
Oxford History of Art
How else can we help?
Higher Education Textbooks Adoption Support
Higher Education Textbooks Online Resources
Inspection copies for Schools